Guardian’s acquisition process focuses on locating and obtaining attractive near stabilized, or soon-to-be stabilized properties with value enhancment potential in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area. Investments primarily focus on commercial office assets that include the following features:
• Commercial Office Buildings
• Predominately office with first floor retail space
• Flex-office properties that combine office, warehouse and light assembly activities.
The Firm maintains strict written guidelines and standards. Specific investment criteria for property acquisitions include:
• Class B and B+ office buildings from 50,000 to 125,000 sq. feet
• Primarily located in local markets within 125 mile radius of Washington, D.C., Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland
• Highly desirable locations with superior amenities
• Buildings that are at least 80% occupied at time of acquisition
• Quality tenants, locally or regionally based.
• Below market in-place rents
• Minimal deferred maintenance